CService Registration and Information
- How do I register my Nickname?
- How do I register a Username?
- How do I log in to X?
- How do I get a Undernet Virtual Hostmask?
- How do I register a Channel?
- Change username's e-mail address?
- Change username's password?
- Reset username's password?
- Reset/change username's verification question/answer?
- What to do if the username is suspended?
- Channel is locked by Cservice Admin?
- Get the channel back (after temp. manager)?
- Reporting abusive registred channels?
How do I register my Nickname?
First of all there is no nickname registration system (no NickServ), meaning everybody is free to use whatever nickname is available at the moment.
All nicknames are assigned on a first come first served basis.
If another person is using your usual nickname, you can politely ask them to give it to you, but you can NOT demand it, nor will IRC Operators /kill for nickname ownership.
How do I register a Username?
While you cannot own a nickname, the Undernet allows you to register a username, with which you can login to the channel services bot, X.
To register your username, you need to go to http://cservice.undernet.org/live/newuser.php.
Usernames are used for:
The most popular complaint recorded is that "Cservice doesn't accept my email address".
That's because free email addresses like yahoo, hotmail or geocities are not allowed, since most of them are fake, and people can register more than one email address with them, thus register multiple usernames.
You need to provide an ISP (Internet Service Provider) email account to register your username.
Owning a username is much safer than owning a nickname, because in this way, you can use any nick that isn't taken, and still be logged in to X with your username, proving your identity, and still benefit from Undernet services.
- channel access via X
- logging into the CService website ( http://cservice.undernet.org/live )
- joining +r (Registered Users Only) channels
- setting your usermode to +x (Virtual Hostmask that hides your real IP)
- supporting channels during their registration process.
- You may register only ONE username per person.
Registering or using more than one username is strictly forbidden on this network and will be punished with suspension.
- If you do not login at least once in 60 days your Username will be purged from X database and you'll have to re-register.
How do I log in to X?
After you registered the username, you may login to X on Undernet by using the command:
/msg X@channels.undernet.org login username password
If your username was John, and your password was "easter", then you would type (do this in the status windows, so you dont't accidentlly drop your password into the channel):
/msg X@channels.undernet.org login John easter
How do I get a Undernet Virtual Hostmask?
While you are logged in to X, Undernet offers you the possibility to hide your real IP and replace it with a virtual host of the form "username.users.undernet.org".
If your username was John, for example, you could replace your real IP with a virtual host that would look like "John.users.undernet.org".
To hide your real host, and replace it with the virtual one, you need to set your usermode +x by typing:
/mode yournickname +x
If you want to put this command in Perform, or if you plan on using it later in scripting procedures, you could also use:
//mode $me +x
How do I register a Channel?
Once you have enough people on a channel (over 20 or so), you should consider applying to Cservice to register your channel and receive X.
It's very important to remember and understand that the purpose of CService is to register well-established channels, not just for the sake of creating channels.
If you have only opened the channel recently, you do not have an established channel.
You will need to apply to register a channel, and you will need 10 users from your channel to support you in your request for X.
All the rules and details on the registration process can be found on:
To start your channel registration visit http://cservice.undernet.org/live/
- If you do not login at least once in 21 days cservice will become active and a new manager may be voted for your channel.
If a new manager can't be found your channel will get purged from X database.
Change username's e-mail address
- If you are able to access your current username's e-mail address and you do still remember your username's verification question/answer go to http://cservice.undernet.org/live/, login, then *Forms/E-mail Change Request* (then follow the steps)
- If you are NOT able to access your current username's e-mail address and you do NOT still remember your username's verification question/answer go to http://cservice.undernet.org/docs/, complete the *Email.txt* form in your native language and send it to X@undernet.org from your NEW e-mail account, wait patiently 3-5 days for a reply.
Make sure that you filled the mail like described there.
Change username's password
Go to http://cservice.undernet.org/live/, login with your current password, then click on the link: 'New Password' and follow the steps decribed there.
Reset username's password
If you're able to access/open your username's e-mail address and you still remember your username's verification question/answer go to http://cservice.undernet.org/live/, click on the link 'Forgotten Password' (follow the steps, then check your username's e-mail address, an email should be sent there).
Reset/change username's verification question/answer
If you are able to access or open your username's e-mail address go to http://cservice.undernet.org/live/, click on "Forgotten Password" there use a WRONG answer and then follow the steps, again: check your e-mail afterwards.
What to do if the username is suspended?
You can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or user the Complaints system when it's OPEN, remember, you can always join #usernames for assistance.
Channel is locked by Cservice Admin
You will have to mail the address you see in the topic and ask them to untag your channel.
It is important to send your e-mail from your username's e-mail address and put the channel name as subject.
Get the channel back (after temp. manager)
If you gave your channel temporarily to someone else and want it back, you have to mail X@undernet.org and to tell them that you want the channel back.
Again: use your username's e-mail address to send the e-mail.
Reporting abusive registred channels
If you eg. saw a botlending channel which is registred, and want to report that you have to mail email@example.com regarding this situation.
Indeed, botlending channels are strictly forbidden on this network
Thank you, ^-kn_^ for contribution.